- Application & Interview Tips
The Foundation Modern Apprenticeship
The Foundation Modern Apprenticeship is a two year course delivered in partnership between West Lothian College, Education Services and Skills Development Scotland.
The course provides participants with the knowledge and National Certificate credits that underpin the Modern Apprenticeship Framework. Students are supported over the two year period in securing a substantial placement experience and meaningful contact with employers.
West Lothian currently has 32 young people studying a Foundation Modern Apprenticeship in Structural Engineering during S4 and S5 and another cohort of 32 will commence study in August 2016. August 2016 also sees the introduction of an additional FMA in Civil Engineering which will run through S5 and S6.
Although these options are made available to anyone in the Senior Phase we support Women into Science and Engineering (WISE) to particularly promote this opportunity to girls to pursue STEM subjects as pathways to exciting and fulfilling careers.
Benefits for SME Employer
- The confidence to offer good quality apprenticeships.
- An appreciation of the very important and significant contribution employers make to the education of our young people.
- A work ready and motivated young person with the relevant skills to support business growth.
Benefits for Young People
- A good, demonstrable understanding of the process of finding, applying for and successfully getting and sustaining a job.
- An enhanced vocational learning experience through attendance at College.
- Development of transferable work skills to increase employment opportunities.
- Meaningful exposure to employers and work experience
bathgate more info >
livingston more info >
various more info >
pumpherston more info >
Lindsay Social Care Support Modern Apprentice Read more >