A CV is a document which is used to 'sell' your skills, qualities, experience and qualifications to a prospective employer.
- It should be a brief document of no more than 2 sides of A4.
- You should word process it, try to make the layout look good and flow from section to section.
- Never tell lies in a CV - you will get caught out and try to make the information as accurate as possible.
- Make sure that it fits the job you are applying for. If not change the CV to focus it on the job description or person specification.
- Always get someone to check the spelling, punctuation and grammar before you send it.
- Always be positive and make sure you keep a copy to look over before you go for an interview.