- Application & Interview Tips
- Gap Year
A gap year can include a multitude of very different activities and experiences. Generally, gap years will take the form of either travel, volunteer work (charity work) or paid work - and can involve being in the UK, overseas or both.
Gap years have a whole host of advantages (and I'm not just talking lots of fun). More and more employers and universities are finding it hard to differentiate between students with the same grades - so a gap year can really help your CV stand out. Here are a few reasons why a gap year is a good idea:
- Increase your confidence! You'll be surprised how quickly you settle into new jobs, surroundings or situations. A confidence boost is a common side-effect of doing a new job or travel.
- Earn some money. The money you earn will always be useful when you start university or a career.
- Improve your future prospects. Employers often look at travel in a favourable light, especially if you have worked or volunteered abroad. However, working or volunteering in the UK still offers you many valuable experiences and skills.
- Transferable skills. There are many life skills that you can gain from working or volunteering that no amount of education can provide. You learn a great deal more from life by living it than just sat in a classroom.
- Perfect your personal statement. The number of people applying to university is growing rapidly. Stay ahead of the race with a UCAS application that stands out from the masses and could be the difference between getting the offer you want or not.
Gap Year Opportunities
Find out what opportunities are available through the companies below.
bathgate more info >
livingston more info >
various more info >
pumpherston more info >
Lindsay Social Care Support Modern Apprentice Read more >